In Southwest Florida, the fact that April is lawn and garden month may escape us – after all, by April we are already well into hot weather. So although it is not as relevant to us that the first full calendar month of spring is set aside for planting, we can still use this time to consider ways to beautify our spaces and create new, lush corners of beauty to enjoy.
In and around the Port Charlotte area, we already know the alternate areas to garden; as a full-sun area is often tough to keep hydrated and green through the harsh summer. So we utilize covered porticos, glassed in lanais and shady breezeways to create gorgeous miniature oases of color and life. This April, let’s celebrate lawn and garden month in true south Florida-style!
- Design a succulent garden in window boxes for your front windows.
- Use a baker’s rack to display vibrant bromeliads that love the heat.
- Create a vertical “lucky bamboo” garden on a back patio utilizing a wood pallet and hooks
- Arrange multiple potted plants and palms around your pool deck.
- Adorn window sills with spring plants and flowers, giving your home an “outside-in” feel, even if it is too warm to open the windows.
Our wide selection of dish gardens and decorative floral baskets are carefully created by our expert designers to showcase all the excitement of spring; so whether or not you have a lawn, you can recognize the season beautifully. Like you, we love living in Port Charlotte – and we understand that the change of seasons is different here. Let our experts at Port Charlotte Florist help you give your home a seasonal new look that is quintessentially Florida.