National Romance Month give you the perfect chance to express your love to your sweetheart. Romance in August? Actually, it is the perfect fit – summer is filled with spontaneity, fun and whimsy, and besides, love happens all year-round! When looking for some creative ways to surprise your the object of your affection, we recommend you begin with flowers – they have represented true love, passion and devotion for thousands of years.
In honor of National Romance Month, the floral designers at Port Charlotte Florist have plenty of ideas that may inspire your romantic side. But first, we’d like to share these interesting facts about love and romance.
Some Quick Facts About Romance:
- If you and your honey would like to set the record for the longest marriage, you’d better settle in for the long haul. Currently, the longest marriage on record is 79 years. Then again, there is the longest engagement on record – when the couple finally wed at age 82, they had been engaged for 67 years.
- The most popular month to get engaged is December, while the most popular month to get married is June.
- Pucker up! Men who kiss their spouses every day before leaving for work earn higher wages, on average, than those who don’t. They also live 5 years longer, so don’t forget your morning kiss, its good for your health and wealth.
- 20% of all current marriages began through an online dating site. It is estimated that 40% of American singles are members of these services.
- The romance novel industry actually brings in more profit annually than Major League Baseball. Which seems to indicate that romance is the real national pastime.
Red roses are the recognized leader in the romance flower department – anyone receiving a bouquet of red roses knows exactly what they represent. However, there are other flowers which can speak to your romantic side. For instance, forget-me-nots, tulips, orange blossoms, orchids, and peonies all hold special meaning when it comes to love.
If you are looking for the perfect flower for your relationship, just give Port Charlotte Florist a call. We’ve been delivering the romance to Port Charlotte, Englewood, Punta Gorda and North Port since 1985.