Cheering up a loved one with a beautiful bouquet of flowers can make any hospital stay so much better. People who receive flowers are often happier than people who receive other gifts. Imagine filling a drab hospital room with colorful blooms and fragrant scents. Flowers are a perfect way to lift anyone’s spirits.
Instead of buying the first bunch of flowers you see, let the floral designers at Port Charlotte Florist help you select an arrangement that will work well in a hospital room. We would like to share our best tips for choosing a bouquet.
Choose the Best Get-Well Flowers
With so many varieties of flowers to choose from, it can be difficult to select the perfect get-well flowers. Here are a few tips to keep in mind so you can focus on what will be best for your friend or loved one during their hospital stay.
- Keep them bright and cheerful. Nothing brightens a dull hospital room like a colorful bouquet of flowers. Choose something cheerful like daisies or sunflowers to uplift their spirits.
- Keep them small. Larger bouquets can overwhelm a small space, and might even be in the way in a cramped hospital room. Choose a compact design to keep them more manageable.
- Keep them unbreakable. Since items can be knocked over or may need to be moved, a durable container or vase is preferred in a hospital setting. Protect your beautiful blooms when you opt for a more sturdy container for them.
- Keep them allergy-free. Remember that many people rotate through a hospital room on any given day, so the possibility of an allergy-prone individual encountering your blooms is high. Keep allergens at bay by choosing hypo-allergenic and non-odorous varieties of flowers.
- Keep them long-lasting. A get-well design that can be brought home and easily maintained will be a long-term reminder of your love and support. For those who prefer to grow their own plants, our Ceramic Dish Garden, filled with breathtaking green and flowering plants, can be a great gift option. Housed in a lovely vase and tied with a bow, these plants will be cherished long after the patient goes home.
Ceramic Dish Garden Bouquet
Choose a Meaningful Bouquet
Did you know that many flowers have a special meaning or are recognized as a symbol to others? When choosing an array of flowers, think about the message you are sending to your loved one.
- Daffodils: These cheerful flowers symbolize new beginnings and eternal life. With their gorgeous yellow color ranging from pale yellow to bright gold, daffodils will bring sunshine into the room.
- Bird of Paradise: Meaning joy and freedom, this tropical plant will bring a touch of the islands to a hospital room. Our Perfect Paradise Bouquet combines beautiful Birds of paradise and with other flowers in a ceramic seashell vase.
- Daisies: With their striking white petals, you can see why daisies are a symbol of innocence and purity. The Sunflower Meadows Bouquet includes not only large golden sunflowers but brilliant white daisies as well.
- Iris: Symbolizing good news, the Iris is a great choice with all the variety of colors available. And good news is welcomed by most hospital patients.
- Chrysanthemums: The lovely colors of orange, yellows and golds make these flowers a favorite! Meaning optimism and long life, this bouquet will be cherished by your loved ones.
Sunflower Meadows Bouquet
When it is time to make a selection to be delivered to someone in the hospital, keep these ideas in mind. When calling Port Charlotte Florist, remember to have the recipient’s full legal name. Do not use nicknames. It is also important to find out what section of the hospital your loved one is in. ICU patients are not allowed to receive flowers. When the patient is moved to a regular wing, your bouquets can be safely delivered. Contact us to help you choose the best arrangement for someone you love.