A beautiful bouquet of flowers is always a welcome surprise. We want to make the flowers last as long as the happy feelings do. That’s why Port Charlotte Florist has put together this great list of advice for preserving your bouquet and giving it the level of endurance you want.
When all you need is simple elegance, Enjoy the Little Things with creamy white roses and soft blue hydrangea. Keep this bouquet fresh and long-lasting with this basic care-taking tips:
- Trim stems about an inch underwater and on an angle before placing in vase water.
- Before placing in vase water, but after trimming stems, dip hydrangea in alum (found on the spice aisle of most grocery stores) to maintain color and vivacity.
- If blooms begin to wilt, treat them to a warm-water bath for about 20 minutes to revive their original freshness.
- Include flower food or a homemade mixture of 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar in the vase water to maximize freshness.
- Replace vase water every other day, including flower food or mixture, and trim stems as needed.
By following these simple maintenance steps, your flowers will be gorgeous and long-lasting. Keep the joy and happiness of receiving flowers alive with the tips of Port Charlotte Florist. Ask us about your specific arrangement anytime- we’re always here to help.